Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Swag!

Merry Christmas everyone!! I hope everyone found something nice under the tree. If you’re reading this blog, someone probably gave you baseball cards for Christmas. My Christmas Day haul included 5 packs of 2008 Upper Deck X. I always liked this set but never bought any packs or boxes. I probably should have. I think I did pretty well with my 5 packs. There were no hits but I'm happy with what I pulled. There are 2 inserts in every pack if you count the Die Cuts as an insert. That gives me the sense that I’m actually getting a value. I’m not a big fan of the Die Cut cards. They are awkward to handle. Also, you might notice that some of them weren’t fully cut on the top and bottom of the card so the part that should be cut off remains with the card. Anyway, here are the results.

Pack 1:
Chase Utley
Albert Pujols
Mark Teixiera – Die Cut
Brandon Webb – Xponential
Whitey Ford – YSL
Robinson Cano


Pack 2:
Brandon Phillips
Lastings Milledge
Nate McLouth – Die Cut
Jonathan Papelbon – Xponential
Garrett Atkins
Kosuke Fukudome


Pack 3:
Josh Hamilton
Daisuke Matsuzaka
Josh Beckett – Die Cut
Ryan Zimmerman – Xponential
Ryan Howard
David Wright


Pack 4 (For the BJ Upton and Vlad Guerrero fan):
Derek Jeter
BJ Upton (Die Cut)
Vladimir Guerrero – Xponential 2
Vladimir Guerrero – Die Cut Gold
BJ Upton
Mark Teixiera


Pack 5:
Conor Jackson
Matt Holliday
Howie Kendrick – Die Cut
Trevor Hoffman – Xponential
Bobby Murcer – YSL
Nate McLouth

2 comments:

  1. i got 10 packs of the same thing ...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude Yankee's fan huh?? I got mad Yankee's!! Holla!

    ReplyDelete