Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Random Jersey and Bat Cards


My latest eBay purchase was 8 jersey and bat cards for a grand total of $6.26 including shipping. The jersey swatch on the Saberhagen card really sticks out like a sore thumb. It’s a really bright shade of sky blue. I guess that color wasn’t considered ugly in the 1980’s. You couldn’t pay me enough to wear that color jersey. Actually, yes you could. I also think the Troy Glaus is pretty interesting. This card actually features a game used base. I’ve never gotten a game used base card before. The base feels (and smells) like hard rubber. The back of the card says that the base was used in 2001 at Edison Field. In theory, this could be a card for any member of the Angels. I know a lot of people are sick of jersey and bat cards but I really like them. They offer an opportunity to own a tiny piece of Major League memorabilia in the form of a baseball card. Because so many of these cards exist, they are relatively inexpensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment