Monday, March 31, 2014

Pack Break: 2014 Topps Opening Day

So I finally opened the three packs of 2014 Topps Opening Day that I picked up at last week’s card show.  Without further ado, here are the results.

The first pack is a good one.  There is a Jeter base card, a blue Jordan Zimmermann card, and a Giancarlo Stanton insert that reminds me of the old Sportflics cards from the 1980s.


The second pack was even better.  That is an Opening Day Autograph of Andrew Lambo.  The odds run at 1 in 278 packs.  Not bad for a buck.  That’s the first time I have ever pulled an autograph out of a loose pack.  If you are anything like me, you have no idea who this guy is.  Lambo got a cup of coffee last year, but he will start this season at Triple A.  He hit .095 in spring training, so he is not Albert Pujols. 



The final pack was also decent with a base Puig card and a blue Everth Cabrera card.  I also got a card of the Rangers Mascot which is some kind of moose apparently.  That's a pretty good haul for three bucks though. 









No comments:

Post a Comment