Thursday, March 13, 2014

Mets Gypsy Queen Lot

I picked up 3 Gypsy Queen cards of Ike Davis, Daniel Murphy, and Jonathon Niese on eBay.  The whole lot cost me 14 cents shipped.  Go figure.  All three are current Mets.  I am never sure whether Gypsy Queen cards feature photos, drawings, or both.  Whatever the image on the front is, it’s very well done.  Niese and Murphy should be OK this season if they stay healthy.  The Mets are going to have a problem at first base.  It’s basically a tossup between Ike Davis and Lucas Duda.  Neither is a great option.  Both are banged up at the moment.  I would throw Josh Satin out at first base.  He couldn’t do any worse. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm an Ike man. I stand by him. You know he's got the talent. Its in there. At this point, I think Ike's biggest problem is Dave Hudgens. What was his major league average again? Oh, yeah, .143. Yeah, THAT'S the guy you want as your hitting coach. Warthen and Hudgens are two of the worst coaches in baseball. They take talented guys and make 'em suck. Fire Hudgens, stick with Ike. I really find it very disappointing the way Mets fans are ready to bail on Ike. That's not the way Mets fans used to be. Ike had 32 home runs and 90 RBIs in 2012. That's major league quality stuff right there. And he did most of that damage in half a season. You can't do that if you suck. Let's not forget Ike has yet to turn 27. When was it Chris Davis finally found his groove after years of sucking? Right in that 26-27 zone. So I stick with Ike and fire Hudgens. As Tug would say, you gotta BELIEVE!!!! BTW, I believe Gypsy Queen are photos that are made to look painted by way of a computer program photo filter.

    ReplyDelete