Saturday, May 12, 2012

My First Gypsy Queen Card

My latest eBay purchase as a 2012 Gypsy Queen card of John Axford.  I paid 6 cents shipped for the card.  This is my first card of Axford and my first Gypsy Queen card.  I like the overall card design and the fact that the card lacks a glossy finish.  Gypsy Queen seems to have plenty of parallels which is a plus.  However, I’m not sure that I would shell out the $100-$110 that hobby boxes go for on eBay.  The cards are nice but they are not that nice.  I would prefer to just buy and trade individual cards.  Axford has a bloated ERA so far, but he has saved 6 games.  In fact, he just blew his first save in 50 tries.  I have a warm spot in my heart for closers.  I have won at least one fantasy league because of my closers. 

1 comment:

  1. If you're interested, I have some Gypsy Queen that I'm giving away on my blog.

    ReplyDelete