Thursday, June 3, 2010

2008 Sweet Spot: Alex Gordon


I purchased the card above from an eBay seller for six cents recently. It's a 2008 Sweet Spot card of Alex Gordon. I like Sweet Spot but I would never buy a pack or box due to its price. This card is quite appealing. The photography is pretty cool. I also like the raised bumps on the card that resemble the stitching of a baseball. Does anybody remember how Alex Gordon cards were all the rage around 2006? He hasn't exactly lived up to the expectations. He has a career batting average of .249. He was actually sent down to AAA in the beginning of May. He has had some injuries though. In fairness, Gordon has been pretty hot down at AAA. Even if Gordon does not develop into a superstar, I think I got my money's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment