Sunday, June 2, 2013

Another Dontrelle Willis Card

I picked up this 2007 Goudey Green Back Card of Dontrelle Willis on eBay for 6 cents shipped.  Willis is one of those players that I have unintentionally collected over the past few years.  I never set out to collect his cards.  I sort of just wound up with a bunch of them over time.  Willis had a pretty decent career until he forgot how to pitch.  Willis is now with the independent Long Island Ducks.  Their roster is like a garbage list of washed up big leaguers.  I fear this may be the end of the end for this former 20 game winner. 

2 comments:

  1. I got to witness D-Train in his prime going to Marlins games at Sunlife/Pro Player staium and it was something special. His career is so sad to me he was going to be so great I think it was just a mental thing to be honest.If you have a lot of D-Train Cards maybe we can discuss some trades for em. love the blog btw been following for a bit now check mine out http://truschoolsports.blogspot.com/2013/06/for-all-my-card-bloggers-in-blogosphere.html feel free to join the site if you like what you see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It probably was mental much like Rick Ankiel. It's a shame. Also, following your blog.

    ReplyDelete