Sunday, November 13, 2011

Topps Silk: J.J. Hardy

My latest eBay purchase is one more 2011 Topps Update Silk card. This one features J.J. Hardy who is currently an Oriole but perhaps best remembered as a Brewer. Hardy actually had a decent year for the Orioles. I really don’t hear his name too much, but that’s probably a function of where he plays. The neat thing about this card is that it is numbered 50/50. I know that is meaningless, but I like that. I only paid $1.99 shipped for this card. These Silk cards are getting cheaper and cheaper. It’s almost the same trend that we saw with game-used jersey cards.

1 comment:

  1. When they were new, it was a novelty. I put together the full Mets team set in 2008 or 2009 (whichever year they started.) I think I was still looking for the last card I needed the next year, so I didn't start the new set.

    It is just a fancier version of the base card, after all - neat, but not essential. :)

    ReplyDelete