Sunday, June 5, 2011

I Don't Collect Vintage Cards



I made a trip to the local flea market this weekend and walked away with a couple of vintage baseball cards. I should point out that I don’t collect vintage baseball cards and I have very little knowledge about them. I honestly have no idea why I bought these cards. Both cards are from the 1957 Topps Set. The first is Jim Pisoni. The other is Bobby Gene Smith. I paid $6 for both which is probably too much given that the condition of each card is only so-so. Pisoni only played for 5 seasons and sported a .212 career average. Smith lasted 7 seasons and batted .243. These guys are not exactly all-stars, but I guess I was drawn in by the allure of old cards. Anyway, if anybody out there is interested in trading for these two cards, please leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment