Sunday, May 8, 2011

eBay Mailbag



My latest eBay purchase brings me a lot of game-used jersey cards and certified autographs. I paid $6.25 shipped for 8 cards. Many of these cards are no name players. But I liked the Giambi and Pena cards. The game-used cards include Giambi, Pena, and Gookie Dawkins. The autographs include Dave Crouthers, Ramon Soler, Brooks Kieschnick, Tyler Pelland, and Mendy Lopez. The only player on that list that I’ve heard of is Kieschnick. He was a pitcher/outfielder. He was a novelty but quickly faded. Lopez played in the big leagues with several teams between 1998-2004. Pelland, Soler, and Crouthers never made the bigs.

2 comments:

  1. Dave Crouthers was traded to the Cubs for Sammy Sosa.

    moe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That has got to be his claim to fame. I actually found an interesting article about him. http://cubs.scout.com/2/435222.html

    ReplyDelete