Friday, November 13, 2009

Pack Break: 2007 Fleer

I recently bought 10 packs of various baseball cards on eBay for $5.99 including shipping. That’s 60 cents a pack according to my math – not a bad deal. I’ve got some Fleer, Fleer Ultra, and UD Documentary. I’ll share a few of my pack breaks as I go along. This is a retail pack of 2007 Fleer.

Cory Sullivan – Sullivan was a backup outfielder for the Mets this year. An unimpressive start.

Jonathan Papelbon – Although Papelbon is a dominant closer, he is a Red Sox and that’s bad.

Michael Cuddyer – I like Cuddyer. He a good player, fan friendly, and recently Minnesota picked up his $10.5 million option. So if you’re looking for a loan…

Josh Johnson – Johnson is a decent pitcher who will leave Florida once he gets too expensive

Eric Chavez – This card is a mini, inserted in 1:2 packs. I hate cards that aren’t 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches. I’m also mildly sick of Eric Chavez. Needless to say, this card does nothing for me.

Dennis Sarfate – Just another middle reliever

Fred Lewis – I have about 5 rookie cards of this guy and I have never even seen him play.

Troy Glaus – Glaus is a 4-time All-Star but his best days are behind him. Glaus only played 14 games for the Cardinals this year due to injury.

Ryan Zimmerman – This is a Rookie Sensations insert. These are in every pack. It’s a pretty flashy looking card to come from such an inexpensive set.

Jason Bay – This is a Perfect 10 insert. These are inserted in 1:5 packs.

Overall, I’m pretty satisfied with this pack. I think I got my 60 cents worth. I received 3 inserts and 2 “rookie cards.” I wish Fleer was still in production. These cards are perfect for TTM autographs. They are simple, inexpensive, and have no gloss. But there’s no more Fleer. I guess that’s progress for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment