Tuesday, September 30, 2014

It's Official

It’s official.  The 2014 regular season is over.  The big story is the end of Derek Jeter’s career.  It’s a bittersweet moment for us Yankee fans.  I can’t remember watching too many Yankee games before Jeter was the shortstop.  Also retiring at the end of the season were Paul Konerko and Bobby Abreu.  It’s a shame that Konerko and Abreu didn’t receive more attention.  They were certainly deserving of it.  All three left the game with class and dignity, just as they played it. 

Also with the end of the regular season, comes the end of the fantasy baseball season.  About a month ago, I posted (bragged) about my sizable lead over the second place team in the league.  Shortly thereafter, I lost that lead and held second place for about two weeks.  During that time, I constantly searched the available free agents in search of an edge.  Fortunately, I reclaimed the lead and won the league.  There are no prizes – just the right to brag on this blog.  But, there is a lesson to be learned here.  Don’t count all of your chickens until Trevor Plouffe is your third baseman. 

No comments:

Post a Comment