Sunday, August 31, 2014

Fantasy League Update


I’m not one to brag, but September is upon us and I am on top of my fantasy league.  I seem to have cornered the market on every stat except for home runs.  However, I have even made some progress in that category with free agent pickups like Chris Carter, Lucas Duda, and Mike Napoli.  I currently have 56 more saves than the team second in that category.  I tend to stock up on closers assuming that a few will be busts.  The only bust was Ernesto Frieri.  And boy, was he a bust.  How did the Angels get Jason Grilli for this guy?  I have had a few injuries lately.  Joe Mauer was hurt for a while.  Miguel Montero became the starter, while I picked up Kurt Suzuki as for backup.  Yes, Mauer is still eligible at catcher.  Paul Goldschmidt has been shelved for a while.  But my power trio of Carter, Duda, and Napoli have been good replacements.  I recently dumped Anibal Sanchez who has been on the DL.  My thinking is that if he comes back, it will only be for 3 or 4 starts anyway.  I acquired Chris Archer to replace him.  Archer has had a heck of a season.  He is a relatively unknown young player who should be around for many years to come.  In sum, it’s looking good.  But like I said, I’m not one to brag.

No comments:

Post a Comment